Sewing Projects 7: Modified McCall’s 6035

The last thing I sewed in 2011 was this top which I wore the first day back at work.

I modified McCall’s 6035 top pattern a great deal. The pattern images look like this:

I joined the front and back panel pattern pieces together before cutting them out so I didn’t have the “princess” seams at the sides of my torso. This means it’s not fitted but that isn’t what I was going for.

I used just the neckband and short sleeves (basically like view A, the black/white check) and added the ties to the collar before sewing the neckband and its facing together. I just eye-balled the length and width of the ties and I think they’re perfect!

The fabric I got at Haberman’s in both this purple and also a green with orange flowers. It’s silk and probably the most expensive fabric I’ve ever purchased ($16/yard). I found the green first and was going to walk to the counter with just that until I saw the purple as well. I had to have them both!! The color in this pic is pretty spot-on. One of my Sewing New Year’s Resolutions is to sew and wear more purple!

About these ads

About EBS

Museum curator, nerd, chronic watcher of TV show marathons, married to a soccer hooligan, vegetarian, obsessive sewer.
This entry was posted in DIY and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Sewing Projects 7: Modified McCall’s 6035

  1. Pingback: Sewing Projects 9: The “Irish Buds” Blouse | The Cataloguer

  2. Pingback: Me-Made-May 2012: Week One | The Cataloguer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s